Monday, March 1, 2010

Petite and Healthy

Unbelievably, this is the only picture I took today- Grace anxiously waiting at the pediatrician's office.

Actually, she had a great time playing while waiting, but I just didn't get a chance to capture it on camera. For whatever reason, the one picture I took looks like she's terrified. That actually didn't come until later.

The nurse that called us into the back happened to be a guy. I have no problems with male nurses since a male nurse, who later became a very good friend of ours, helped bring Grace into this world. But apparently, Grace didn't feel the same way because she screamed bloody murder when he tried to get all her measurements. I felt so bad. I didn't know who to reassure first- my baby or the nurse. He was so young looking and he looked horrified to get such a reaction.

Grace was still screaming when he lead us into the exam room. Just as I had gotten Grace to stop crying, he knocked on the door and asked if he could weigh her again. But the scale read the same thing it had on the first try. Maybe he just couldn't believe she was really that little.

Height: 28 inches
Weight: 17.5 pounds

Hovering between the 5th and 10th percentiles for both.

According to her pediatrician, Grace is petite but very healthy. Her troubles over the weekend were due to a minor ear infection, but even that was on the way to clearing itself up so no antibiotics needed.

What a wonderful blessing to have a happy, healthy, petite baby!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Even looking worried she is just adorable!! I can't even imagine what it is like to have a 17lb one year old. Kay was 26lbs at one, I nearly threw out a hip lugging her around.

Petite and healthy sure looks great on Grace!

Julie, the mama said...

I am going CRAZY over that adorable dress. She looks absolutely darling.