Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rained In

All the rain today meant I got to catch up on laundry and cleaning. But the moment I got the living room all tidied up, I found Grace's room to be a disaster. And then I got that all clean and the living room is a mess again. It's a vicious cycle. I really don't know why I bother. And my attempts to get her to help me clean aren't working yet. She just stares at me when I sing the clean up song and for every toy I put in the basket, she runs over and takes out two.

But even so, I had a great time hanging out with my girl today. She gave me plenty of hugs and kisses to more than make up for all that mess she made. We've got this thing where I say, "Baby, can mama have a hug?" Then she'll run over to me as quick as she can and give me a big squeeze while putting her head on my shoulder. It gives me such indescribable joy.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Just like what late Apo (great grandma) said, when a child is seating still and won't do anything (like messing up the house), then she is not feeling well. So this is a good thing, Grace is back to herself again. Praise the Lord.

So Grace, you can make mama happy and worry free if you keep messing up the house. You have my blessing. Love you. mwoah!!!!

Michael said...

We are happy to see Grace back to normal. Hope she has her appetite back, too. We love and miss you.

Grandma and Grandpa