Sunday, February 28, 2010

Laid Back Sunday

We made it to church on time this morning and even managed to make it through most of the Mass before having to take refuge in the baby room at the back of the church. I debated going to church since Grace was sick yesterday, but the sun was shining, the weather was warm, and I couldn't bear to stay inside another minute. She seems to be in a much better mood and other than not yet having her appetite back, she seems better.

I tried my best to get her to eat today, but after a few tentative bites, she wouldn't take any more. So instead of bigger meals spread out over a longer time, I've had to feed her a few bites at a time every hour or so. This afternoon, I made a quick grocery run to get ingredients for nilaga, a Filipino soup that she loves. I'm hoping by dinner time she'll be hungry enough to eat some. It makes me so nervous when she won't eat. Luckily she has a well baby check up tomorrow with her pediatrician and I can bring up my concerns.

Other than that we had a very laid back Sunday. We watched a little bit of Parent Trap, the Lindsay Lohan version, and then after baths and bedtime stories, she went to bed without any fuss.

This cherry blossom dress is one of my all-time favorites! She looks so sweet in it. When she outgrows it, I might just hang it up in her room because it fits in so well with her theme.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

I am so impressed Grace eats so well! Kay STILL wont even try soup.

The dress is just adorable. A friend of mine made a pillow for her daughter's room out of a much loved dress. A good idea, if you can stand the thought of cutting it up. I don't know that I could.

Julie, the mama said...

I love the dress, too.

Lola said...

What's this? Grace and Lola have the same doctor's appt. Are we connected or what. Mine is just virus and hopefully as well as Grace's. Hope you feel much better darling. Love you. mhwoah!!!

Michael said...

Grace looks cute regardless of what she wears. But, the cherry blossom dress is just too cute on her. Love, Grandma