Friday, March 19, 2010

On the Go

I learned my lesson yesterday and postponed any and all housework until after Grace and I got out there and enjoyed some of that sunshine. I was afraid we'd miss out on it again if we waited too long to head out. After breakfast, I didn't bother cleaning the kitchen or the floor and quickly got dressed and left the house.

I found a huge children's consignment sale, but I couldn't tell you if there was anything good there since I spent all of my time chasing after Grace. There wasn't enough room to bring a stroller in and she refused to be held in my arms after she saw all those random toys scattered everywhere. I was hoping to find some kind of activity gym, but all they had were things for wee little babies. I left that place hot and sweaty without a single treasure to bring home.

To make up for the bust on the consignment sale, I headed straight for Old Navy. The warm weather put me in the mood for some summer clothes shopping. Leave it to Old Navy to make a woman feel good. They must have changed their sizing because the size I normally wear was too big! I was fitting into numbers that I never thought I would fit into ever again. I know you shouldn't focus on the number, just the fit, but it's hard to do that sometimes. Thank you, Old Navy, for making a girl feel skinnier than she actually is! It's great marketing if you ask me. I wanted to buy everything I tried on, if only to have that size in my closet again. I didn't though. It was good enough for me to know I fit into smaller sized clothes.

The rest of the day was just as wonderful as the Old Navy experience. I made one of my favorites, Shrimp Fra Diavolo, for dinner and I had Grace bathed, in bed, and the house all clean by nine o'clock. A fabulous start to the weekend!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

That was a great way to start the weekend. Here's to hoping the good trend continues...

Meagan said...

I just love the Spring clothes Grace haves. She looks just precious in those grown up sandles.