Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Homebodies

We made it to church this morning and I thought I'd try to stay out of the baby room today. Grace had other ideas. We made it about fifteen minutes into the mass before I had to drag her in there. She had a fabulous time.

I have no idea what the priest's homily was this morning since I was too busy doing damage control. She repeatedly tried to take the book from the little boy sitting next to us (usually I keep a small book in her diaper bag for her but she gave it a bath in the toilet bowl so I had to throw it out). She tried to eat the snacks of the little girl in the pew in front of us. And she almost pulled down the fire extinguisher hanging on the wall. Twice.

The rest of the day was pretty low key. The rain prevented us from doing anything but being a couple of homebodies. We made the most of it. She took a long afternoon nap and I cooked up some filling to make my mom's vegetable lumpia. I opened and started eating a bag of Easter candy, Cadbury Mini Eggs, meant for Mike's Easter package. We watched The Princess Frog movie. She watched it for a good thirty minutes on the couch with me before she got up and started playing, which meant she really liked the movie if she stayed still for that long. After dinner and her bath, we ended the night by watching a little bit of Life- a new TV series about animals of the planet. We probably watched a lot of TV today, but it doesn't really count if it's Disney and the Discovery Channel, right?

We enjoyed being a couple of homebodies today. Here's hoping to more sunshine this week!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

I LOVE that turtle dress! I also love being a homebody, some days just call for it.

Aunt Megan said...

I really wanted to watch that Life special on Discovery. Was it fabulous like everyone said?