Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tempted

According to the weather forecast, today was supposed to be a cold and rainy day, so I was super excited when we woke up to lots of sunshine. Before we could go out and play, I wanted to take care of some silly household chores first, that way we could come back from our day of playing to a nice clean house. I wouldn't have any energy to tackle those chores once we got back from an afternoon of fun.

When I finally finished all my to-do's, Grace got cranky and I knew she was ready for a little nap. Three and a half hours later, the child was still sleeping, but the rain clouds had moved in along with the chilly temperature. By the time she woke up, there was no hope of us going outside anymore. We were stuck inside. Again.

Yesterday after an exhausting day of preventing Grace from falling from various pieces of furniture that she managed to climb, I emailed my financial advisor (AKA my husband) to see how he felt about my temptation to invest in an indoor acitivity gym for our little gymnast. I know I've complained about how our living quarters are quite tight right now, but I found a couple that were small enough to fit even our humble space. I'm willing to sacrifice the clutter to give Grace an outlet to burn off all that energy. Especially on days like this when we can't make it outside. An activity gym would be such a life saver for mamas who are doing their best to entertain busy bee one year olds. It's either that or a sibling, but a toy is cheaper and much easier to obtain right now.

I was hoping he'd say go right ahead and give in to whatever my little heart desires. Instead I was advised to resist the temptation. Easier said than done, but after being reminded that we're trying to save up for a family Disney vacation later this year, I very reluctantly agreed.

The temptation is still there, but for now, I've conquered the urge to give in to it. We'll see what tomorrow brings....

School Bus Activity Gym

Climb & Slide Castle

7 comments:

Josh aka the best brother ever said...

Did you happen to put the links there in hopes that Lola & Lolo or Grandma & Grandpa would buy it for you? I will work on Mom and Dad. I got you, don't worry!

Meagan said...

Bwahahaha! That brother you have is hilarious!!

I think that bus looks like a lot of fun!

Mike and Cicely said...

Josh, I put those links up for the UNCLES! :) You've always got more money than your big sister- spread the wealth, dude!

Mike and Cicely said...

Seriously though- I was trying to find a way to post a picture of my 'temptations' and that was the best I could do :)

Julie, the mama said...

It is no wonder that your financial adviser and mine are such good buddies. They think just alike about stuff like this. *Sigh*

Josh aka the best brother ever said...

ummm You and Me need to talk about this idea of yours....what do you call it? Spreading the wealth? Ahhh thats it. I have never heard of it.

Michael said...

Check your mailbox for a package next week!