Saturday, March 13, 2010

Great Day

I was cleaning up in the kitchen and when I went to check on her, I found her sitting on the bench just like this. She was just as quiet as can be and swinging her legs back and forth. How she got up there, I have no idea, but that smug expression on her face just cracks me up.

We had a laid back, awesome Saturday. We slept in till 9, had a pancake breakfast, and then headed outside to soak up some of that sunshine. Grace took one of her rare long afternoon naps. When she woke up, we headed to Target, my favorite 'don't really need anything but it's fun to walk around' store. Of course, I can never walk out of Target without something. Today it was a bathroom scale because I want to check on the progress of Grace's Operation Weight Gain.

We ended our outing with dinner at Chick-fil-a. And because I now have a bathroom scale and can no longer use the ignorance is bliss excuse about my weight, I just ordered a salad. I did sneak a few of Grace's waffle fries though.

The only not so fun part of the day happened in the play area. Usually if there are a lot of older kids in a small play area, I don't let Grace go in. But this particular play room had a tiny section just for toddlers so I went ahead and let her go. A little boy about three years old came over and basically bullied her away from the equipment she was playing on. I held my tongue and convinced Grace to play on something else.

Once she was happily playing again, wouldn't you know that little boy came over to where she was. This time he grabbed her wrist and pushed her down! I had to remember that he was just a little boy so instead of blurting out the inappropriate things running through my head and doing bodily harm to him, I managed to just tell the little punk not to push because it's not nice and he needs to share. I'm thankful it was me there and not her daddy because heaven knows that man probably wouldn't have censored himself, three year old or not.

When we got home, it was a bath and cuddle time on the couch reading all of Grace's favorite books. A perfect ending to a great day.

Trying out the bubbles she scored yesterday from Toys'R'Us.

Slurping up the avocado smoothie I made for dessert- all part of Operation Weight Gain.

1 comments:

Aunt Megan said...

How fun! I'm glad the weather is nice enough for y'all to go outside and not have to stay cooped up in the house all day. Can't wait to see you guys soon!