Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beach Day with Friends

We got invited to join our dear friends, the Baggetts, at the beach today and there was no way we were turning that down. First of all, it's the beach. Secondly, it's the Baggetts- they're loads of fun.

Amazingly, Nellie and I managed to visit with each other while we chased her two boys, Turner and Eli, and my girl around the beach and did our best to prevent sand throwing in each other's eyes. I got my exercise for the day trying to keep Grace away from the water. Any chance she got, she made a bee line straight for the water. I thought she would stop as she got closer, but the girl is fearless. She would have dove right in had I let her.

After the beach, we hit up a playground for some snacks and more fun. Our goal was to sufficiently tire out the kids so they wouldn't notice going to bed a little earlier because of daylight savings. I'm hoping Nellie had better luck than me tonight. It's nearly ten and my child is still wide awake. Still, it was a wonderful day of fun with some wonderful friends.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Grace look precious! A day at the beach sounds just wondeful.

I LOVE the hairbow on Grace!!! So precious!

Julie, the mama said...

That looks like SO much fun. I sure hope we can one day get to Jax. It is so beautiful there.