Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Operation Weight Gain

I am on a mission to get my girl to gain some weight. I can tell she's lost some weight from her weekend sickness when she refused to eat hardly anything, and she didn't weigh all that much to begin with.

She's very slowly starting to eat again, although it's a struggle. Yesterday morning, I was hopeful at breakfast when she finished most of her food, but lunch time left me crying tears of worry and frustration when she refused to eat anything I tried to give her. I really think that her gums are hurting her because they are so swollen right now with her molars trying to come up.

Dinner time was better, but an hour after I put her down to bed, I checked on her and she was running a temperature. There went my sleep for the night. I can never sleep well when Grace is running a temperature.

By morning she had a low grade fever and no appetite for breakfast, but I tricked her into eating a little by distracting her with my silly performances. I'd sing a nursery rhyme, she'd smile, and I'd quickly try to shove food in her mouth. But despite my best efforts, she threw it all up within 10 minutes.

So back to the pediatrician we went today. Her ear infection had gotten worse instead of better. My poor baby. An ear infection plus cutting her molars are not so fun.

We spent the rest of the day just relaxing at home. Thankfully Grace took a long afternoon nap so that I could do the same. I was dead on my feet after a sleepless night. The house is a complete disaster and that is no exaggeration. But Grace ate her dinner and is now nibbling on her snack and I didn't even have to perform a single song. She's smiling and happy at the moment and I'll take that over a clean house any day.

If she would eat her food with as much gusto as this picture of me and Mike, we'd be good to go.


Thank goodness Lola gave Grace this cute raincoat. It's come in very handy with these random little rain showers we get here. This is the only picture I could get of her in it though. She's like a little puppy- open the front door and she bolts!

1 comments:

Oh, just guess! said...

Awww. Now are you hungry when you are sick and not feeling well? Her appetite will improve when she's back to her old self. You're a good mommy. I always pass the sick ones onto James, who then tells me, "Why do I have to blah, blah, blah?" And then I quickly remind him, "Because that's your field of work. I'm Health Administration. You work for me." LOLOLs.