Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mama

Today was a great ending to a very challenging week. Grace is feeling much better, is eating again, and is even getting better at taking her medicine (no more spitting it out on my face). She took a short morning nap and a long afternoon nap. We even went to Target where Grace was very patient with me as I walked around aimlessly.

But the thing I want to remember most about today is the way Grace has started to really call me mama. I was getting ready for church while Grace was playing in the living room when I heard this sweet little voice calling out, "Mama? Mama?" When she finally found me, she ran towards me and hugged my leg. It just melted my heart to hear her calling out for me. I wanted to play hide and seek all day just so I could hear it again and again.

Believe it or not, I've never actually heard her address me as mama. Sure, if you show her a picture of me and ask her who that is, she'll answer, "Mama." But this was the first time I heard her really calling for me. One of those sweet moments I want to remember always.

Then while we were at church, she started banging on the glass wall so I pulled her back and told her to stop. She looked at me, growled with her eyebrows furrowed, wagged a finger at me and said, "Mama- no, no, no!"

Not exactly as sweet a moment as earlier, but I was still secretly happy that she knew to call me mama.

Grace wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a decent picture of her. This will have to do for today.

1 comments:

Beth said...

Neither of mine say Mama....Boooo. I say it to them and they laugh. Emily says " neh" like a goat...but no Mama. :-(
Hopefully soon!