Friday, March 5, 2010

New Puppy

We had a disastrous time at the DMV this morning. Grace had a dirty diaper moment, the restroom didn't have a changing table, our number was up next so I was afraid of going out to the car and changing her there for fear of losing our spot after waiting over an hour. Then it turned out we had plenty of time because even though our number was next, it still took quite a long while before we got called up. Finally I was told by the lady that I shouldn't have waited in line and that the lady I checked in with at the door should have known not to let me wait. I felt the tears threatening to fall at the cruelty of it all. It's been a rough week and the stress of trying to corral a one year old at the DMV for over an hour and getting pointed stares from people at the dirty diaper stench was almost too much.


But when we got home and checked the mail, there was a nice surprise waiting for us. A new puppy! My dear friend, Jackie, and her sweet baby girl, Olivia Rose, sent Grace her new love. Grace has been kissing on it all night and the moment I pick it up and try to hug on it, she runs over and takes it away from me. I guess it's time for me to start teaching Grace about sharing.

Me: Grace, can I see your puppy?
Grace: No.

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

ok, can I just tell you that the puppy looks REAL!!! I nearly died when I saw this post, thinking Grace was holding a live puppy! Soooo funny. And cute.

DMV stories are always just crazy. Glad you made it through the experience without real tears.

Meagan said...

I also thought the dog was real! Grace looks like she loves the new toy.

I HATE the DMV, so glad you made it though without a breakdown.

Michael said...

I almost thought the stuffed dog was real until I saw the manufacturer's tag hanging from the tail. But, Grandma thought it was a real puppy! Someday, maybe Grace will have her own real puppy.

Amy said...

Looks like my puppy! You should definitely get one, but wait until Grace is out of diapers!