Monday, March 8, 2010

Marvelous Monday


We enjoyed gorgeous weather today- lower 70's and plenty of sunshine. I finally feel like spring is on it's way. That's wonderful for many reasons, but the most important being we'll only be one more season away from Mike's homecoming.

One of our errands for the day was to make a quick stop at the bank. Right after lunch is a great time to go because the bank was completely empty. Grace had the undivided attention of all the ladies who ooh'ed and ahh'ed over her little sandals. She got passed around like a baby doll and she loved every second of it. Apparently they all had sons or grandsons so a petite little baby girl was a novelty for them. I think Grace would have been content to stay and play with those sweet ladies all afternoon long.

After I managed to get her to say goodbyes to the bank ladies, we spent the rest of our day out window shopping. Then even though I had dinner started already, the lure of a Chick-fil-a on the way home was too much to resist. We pulled into the drive through and ordered our dinner, promising to save tonight's planned meal for tomorrow. And if I have to be completely honest, I ordered a strawberry milkshake too. But I shared it with Grace because Operation Weight Gain (for Grace) still continues.
Trying to keep her busy in the dressing room.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

We think alike. I keep saying to myself that as soon as spring gets here, then I'll only have one more season until baby gets here!!! Surely this great weather will make time go by faster, right??? Or at least make the days a whole lot more fun!!!

Meagan said...

Sounds like a great day!! Grace looks adorable in her outfit, LOVE the shoes!