Thursday, May 13, 2010

Twilight Highlight

We had such a promising start to our day. Grace slept through the night (unfortunately, still a rarity) so even though she woke up at 7, I didn't mind so much. A morning conversation with a friend lead to plans for an afternoon playdate for the kids and a long overdue catch up session for the mamas.

Then the coughing began. It started off innocently enough. Just a little cough. But then the nose started to run too. By noon I realized I had to ask for a rain check because, in case this was the start of something contagious, I didn't want to infect my pregnant friend and her toddler boys.

Thankfully Grace has been active and playful and her appetite has been good. Those are my two indicators on how sick she feels, and since both are normal, I'm hoping whatever she has will be gone very soon.

We stayed in and just played and the highlight of our day was watching Oprah this afternoon. Oprah had the cast of Twilight on her show. Go, Team Edward!

She's got the Elmo daze going here. When that furry red character is on TV, there's no distracting the girl. She just adores him.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

I have a whole bunch of ironing saved up for my Oprah Twilight Special, it will be on this afternoon here too! It is sad to say my excitement is divided equally.

I hope Grace keeps feeling good and that her cough and runny nose go away quickly.

Julie, the mama said...

I could just eat Grace up in every single picture. Her little smile is truly contagious. Hope she is all better today, and that y'all can reschedule your playdate. I know those days without adult interaction can be tough.