Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sweet Sunday

We had a lovely day of doing nothing particularly special. We made it to church early and we didn't even have to go into the baby cry room this week. I always consider that a small victory. And they were giving away free cookies after church today!

Then Grace napped in her stroller while I browsed Barnes and Noble for a possible first novel for a book club that I'm sorta in. I say sorta because club implies a bunch of people. This one only has two- me and Liezel. Possibly her sister too, depending on the kind of books we read. So I'm really nervous about choosing the right kind of book for our starter. I'm super excited about it though because I think it'll be fun.

Last minute, I decided that I wanted to make a special meal for Memorial Day, even if it is just me and Grace. So off to the grocery store we went to get ingredients. On the menu tomorrow- my mom's famous BBQ chicken, pancit, cucumber salad, and brownie bites for dessert.

We ended our day with some play time in the driveway. There were a bunch of rain clouds moving in so I busted out the sidewalk chalk for Grace to use. She got more of it on her clothes than on the driveway. She had fun chasing after the chalk as they rolled all over the driveway because of the wind. The absolute best part was the cat sighting. The poor girl has been trying to look for the cat for over a week without any luck, and she finally saw the 'meow' tonight.

***Just a quick note about the first picture- I painstakingly iron all of her dresses, but after about an hour, they end up looking like that. I don't know why I even bother to iron them if they're going to look that wrinkled after a few minutes.



Her pants are a little big and they kept slipping down. One time, I heard her yell, "Mama! UH-OH!" I thought, great, what did she break now? But when I went to check on her, her pants were around her ankles and she was stuck in that position.

Her face after a cat spotting.

5 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I've decided I only iron my kid's clothes because I like to iron them...because good gracious, they are as wrinkled as can be after 10 minutes!

We spend lots of time chasing sidewalk chalk, too. So much, in fact, that a perfectly flat driveway was in the pro column when we were house hunting! :-)

Meagan said...

I played catch up today on the blog. Grace is so darn cute! I just love reading about your adventures in parenting.

I agree on the ironing thing. I iron like Julie does, I just love it. Her clothes never look ironed after an hour or so.

Joannemay Estoesta said...

Cicely, from afar, I would love to join the Book Club. What are the rules? How long do we have to read each book? Does the "Book Selector" then come up with a bunch of questions for discussion? This is ME stepping out of my comfort zone. I'm trying a new Manifesto - "do something out of the ordinary." I'm telling you, you would be in GREAT hands if you had a baby in Jax. Liezel would TOTALLY be your nurse!

Baby Daddy said...

Jojo - Baby while on sea duty; not part of the plan. Pregnant? Possibly. Baby? Not yet - Daddy needs to catch up on lost time with the first one...and her mother before throwing another rugrat into the mix!

Mike and Cicely said...

Ditto what Mike said, Jojo. As much as I'm starting to feel the baby fever with all these friends of mine pregnant and having babies, I'm not ready to add to the mix. I'd like to enjoy my little family of 3 a while longer :)

Come follow us to our next duty station and James can be my nurse again!