Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Proof

I fear that one day, Grace will look back on her baby days and wonder if I was ever really around because we hardly have any pictures together. I'm so busy running around trying to capture moments of her, I forget to capture moments of US. That and I have short arms so when I try to do the 'hold the camera backwards and take a picture', it turns out to be an extreme close up that is far from flattering.

But if I keep expecting perfection, I'll be waiting forever. So even though she kept squirming away from me and wanted nothing to do with the 'cheese' (how she refers to the camera), I tried to capture a picture of us today. Proof that, for a while, it was just the two of us. And despite missing Mike more than I can adequately describe, we made the best of it and, by the grace of God, managed to live life with lots of love and laughter.


5 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

These pictures are ALWAYS my favorite, and I'd be willing to bet they will turn out to be our kids' favorites, too.

And you look absolutely beautiful, silly girl!

Meagan said...

So sweet!! Those pictures are just the best! This was such a sweet entry.

LOLA said...

My beautiful babies!!!!! Really cute pictures!!!!

Nellie said...

perfect!

Daddy said...

I can't wait to be a part of those pictures again. I miss my girls...