Friday, May 28, 2010

The Men that Made Me Cry

Edwin McCain and Peter Cetera- these are the names of the two guys who made me cry today. Edwin McCain's "I Could Not Ask for More" came on the radio and I couldn't help myself; I started to bawl. I'm talking total waterworks. As I'm driving!

The song just made me think what a great life I have and how truly blessed I am. But until I have my husband back, I can't honestly say that I'm completely happy. Grace gives me so much joy every single day, but even in those moments of fun, laughter, and love- it's tainted with a little sadness because Mike is missing out on it.

I just really miss my husband. I wish I could think of a better/stronger adverb to describe the way I miss him. But I can't, so 'really' will just have to do. Just imagine your most favorite person in the whole wide world. The one who, just by their presence, makes you feel like everything will be alright. The one who you have so much fun with, even if y'all are just watching paint dry. The one who knows everything about you and, amazingly, STILL loves you for who you are. Then imagine that you can't be with that person for months and months on end. It's absolute agony.

But I believe in the reasons why he has to be away from us for so long- he's out there defending our country. And so I live with sacrifice, as do many other military families.

So after all that, the radio takes a commercial break and I'm able to pull myself together as I listen to ads for laser hair removal and winning tickets to see Justin Bieber.

Then Peter Cetera's "Glory of Love" came on and it started all over again.

Luckily Grace wasn't afflicted with any kind of melancholy I seemed to have today. Here she is after she asked me to turn on the music (she points to the iPod and says 'dance'). She likes to climb onto the table and shake her little bootie. It's cute today, but she better not be doing this 18 years from now...


4 comments:

Joannemay Estoesta said...

Our job in life is to make sure our girls STAY OFF OF THE POLE! Gonna MSG you on FB. Jojo

Julie, the mama said...

I gotta be honest, it was a sweet, sweet post that I really (to steal your word) want to comment on, BUT girl, all I can do is keep scrolling back over these PRECIOUS pictures of that PRECIOUS Grace. She is simply adorable. How on earth do you get her to pose like that???

Seriously, I am so proud of the way you are handling this deployment. I will definitely be coming to YOU for notes one day.

Won't be much longer til your sweet husband gets home. I know that because it won't be much longer until I have this baby (that is how I've been tracking Mike's deployment!)

Josh said...

is unmeasurably a good adverb to replace really? if so you could use that since you can't measure the amount of love you have for him. you also can't measure how much you miss him and want him back? or is unmeasurably too strong of an adverb?

I just unmeasurably miss my husband.......

noo?? well my English SOL is coming up soon so i figured why not give this a try.

3 SOLs down
1 to go

Michael said...

Grace is Soooo cute dancing in that dress. She is growing so fast that she looks different with each day's pictures. We love and miss you. Grandma and Grandpa.