Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Surprise

I wasn't going to wallow in it, and not to sound ungrateful because I'm so thankful to be a mother to such a precious little girl, but to be completely honest, I was just a teensie-weensie bit sad to be spending Mother's Day alone this year, just the two of us. Especially when I think back to what a blast last year was when I spent the day in Tokyo with two of my best girlfriends, stuffing ourselves with amazing food and shopping the afternoon away buying matching outfits.

To make myself feel better about being lonely this year, I bought my own Mother's Day gift (from Grace and her daddy)- a bunch of stuff from Philosophy in my favorite scent, Amazing Grace.

I should've known that my husband wouldn't let me down. Last night, I got an email for some Mother's Day instructions to follow that read:

1) Go to Jared's at Town Center
2) Show your DRIVER'S LICENSE
3) Pick up your Mother's Day present that's awaiting you there.
4) Continue to be the finest mother Grace could ever have.


Do I not have THE best Baby Daddy in the world???


A Journey necklace with garnets, Grace's birthstone, for my journey of motherhood, all thanks to my sweet Virginia Grace.

5 comments:

Meagan said...

Cicely, that is so sweet! I am glad you had such pretty treat waiting for you. Very nice!

HAPPY MOM'S DAY!!!

Joannemay Estoesta said...

I just knew he'd do something for you! James said, "Mike is THE MAN!" I really love the entire Philosophy Line! We use Baby Grace all the time :-) Have a GREAT rest of your day, honey buns!

Julie, the mama said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - your husband ROCKS at gift buying. And vacations. Really, he is just an all around AMAZING man. But you already knew that! :-)

Nellie said...

i totally just cried at the surprise! mike's such a cutie!

Aunt Megan said...

Michael always has the best surprises! Happy Mother's Day Cic! (I know I'm a little late hehe)