Monday, May 3, 2010

Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!




Her Daddy didn't think this activity gym was necessary. Thankfully, her grandparents came to the rescue. Look at how much she loves it!

I put this thing together while Grace was still awake. About two minutes into it, I realized my mistake. I should've waited until she was fast asleep. She kept grabbing pieces I needed and running away or trying to climb my back as I used a power tool. In the end, I had a few extra screws leftover for some reason and a couple of extra drill marks when I mistakenly attached something to the wrong place.

Luckily, the girl is petite so any structural support issues that may arise from mistakes I may have made shouldn't be that big a deal. I hope. I miss my husband constantly, but especially during times like this. This kind of stuff is normally his job.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Hooray for Grandparents! What a neat activity gym, it looks like it will get lots of use.

Julie, the mama said...

Now that is a cool looking kid toy. Grace is so blessed with two sets of wonderful grandparents.

I can't believe you were able to put that thing together. You are such a good military wife. I would have had to hire someone to put that thing together.

Joannemay Estoesta said...

Ha Ha Ha! I always tell Mya to ask "Grandma and Grandpa" when we don't want to get her things. Typically works, except for when she wants a real horse. Oh Cicely, you've no idea how much I wish the 3 munchkins would play together and learn to talk with one another!

Michael said...

We're glad Grace likes her new toy so much! We hope it gives her hours of enjoyment and gives Cicely hours of time to do her daily routine while Grace is playing. Grandma and Grandpa