Monday, May 31, 2010

Mission Accomplished

My goal every day is to make sure that Grace is happy, healthy, and so tired from all the activity that she's ready for bed at night. When I found her trying to climb into her crib to go night night, I'd say my mission was accomplished.

We had a full day starting at the beach first thing in the morning. The weather was gorgeous, the water was warm, and the sand was the best toy in the world. She squished it, she scooped it, she tasted it, and she got it all in her hair and inside her diaper. The girl could've stayed out there all day.

But we said goodbye to the beach after a short hour because I had a date with my kitchen stove during Grace's nap. I made our Memorial Day meal- pancit, BBQ chicken, and cucumber salad. Unfortunately, I don't know how to cook in small batches so I had a ton of food- way too much for just me and Grace. So I passed some out to my sweet neighbors and headed over to Nellie's to share the fruits of my cooking frenzy.

The rest of the day was spent watching all the kids run around and play while trying to carry on a decent conversation. Grace loves hanging with the boys, just as much as I love hanging with Nellie. It's definitely a win-win kind of situation.

Even with our busy schedule, I was very mindful of the reason why today is a holiday. A big thank you to my husband, who is out there serving our country, and all our service men and women- past and present- for the sacrifices they make to ensure our safety and freedom.



0 comments: