Saturday, May 1, 2010

Estoesta Day

The Estoestas are our dear friends from Japan. Our relationship is very unique- Jojo was my Zumba instructor before I got pregnant, but I was one of many in the class and so even though I knew her, she didn't know me. James, her husband who also did Zumba, turned out to be my labor and delivery nurse. We all lived in the same building, but had no idea until Grace was born. Because I had such a difficult delivery experience, James sent Jojo down to our apartment to say hello. We were inseparable from that moment on.

It was a sad day when we had to say goodbye them and the rest of our gang. But I knew it wouldn't be goodbye forever. They were in Jacksonville for just a day and so I cleared the calendar and made sure I was back from Virginia Beach in time for Estoesta Day.

They were in town visiting family, who haven't seen them in four years, so I was prepared to stay for just an hour or two because I didn't want to interfere with their family visit, especially since they were only in town for such a short while.

I ended up staying until almost one in the morning. I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye again. I hope their sweet family didn't mind too much that Grace and I crashed their family time.

We ended our night with a Skype session with Julie, our other bestie. It was a perfect ending to a fabulous day. Plans are now in the works for our next joint family vacation.

If only Julie and Melanie were with us, our reunion would be complete! At least we had their little 'flat friend' representatives.



Trying to get a picture of all the girls together was pretty impossible. Jasmine and Grace were always trying to escape. At least sweet Mya was always ready with a smile.
This was the best we could get.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

How awesome you got to see James, JoJo, Mya, and Princess Jasmine (as Kay calls her)!! I sure do miss them, they were such great neighbors.

The girls look precious in their matching dresses!!

Lola said...

Glad to see the girls together again.