Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beach Bum Baby

There were many challenging things about being an 8th grade English teacher, but the best perk ever was my summer off- free to be a beach bum for two whole months. If you asked me on any given summer day what my plans were, it would inevitably involve the beach.

My plans for Grace and I this summer will be pretty much the same as back then. The difference will be my activities and swimsuit style- back then it was hanging out and relaxing in a cute little bikini. Now it's digging in the sand and chasing a toddler around while wearing the most modest swimsuit I can find, without quite crossing into the 'matronly' category. If I could go to the beach in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, I would. But that would be suicidal in this Florida heat.

Thankfully Grace doesn't care what I wear, so long as I let her splash in the water and make a mess with the wet sand. I'm so glad I have a little beach bum baby. It makes planning summer outings so much easier.

Immediately after I took this picture, she shoved that shell she was so carefully inspecting in her mouth.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. She is so stinkin' cute Cicely!!! I'm happy that you'll have a regular spot for summer outings (I'm a little jealous :) ). Enjoy!!!

Josh said...

DON'T LET HER GET TOO DARK!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Megan said...

Her beach bum outfit is adorable!