Saturday, May 15, 2010

Last Minute Treat

I don't want to jinx myself by actually writing this in the blog, but ever since we got back from Virginia Beach, I've been attempting to put Grace on a sleep schedule. And it's slowly worked. She now is in bed by 8:30 every night. This is quite a change from my little night owl who used to sometimes stay up until 11:00 (or later).

That said, I now make sure that nothing stands in the way of her new bedtime routine. So I was really torn when I got a major craving for some Rita's Italian Ice pina colada gelati at 7:30. I calculated the time it would take me to drive there, order my treat, eat, and drive back home. It would be pushing it, but I thought I could do it.

We pulled into the driveway at 8:20. I rushed like a mad woman to get her ready and we were only 10 minutes late for bedtime.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

That ice cream totally looks worth being a little late to bed. Yummy!

Julie, the mama said...

A bedtime routine is a lovely thing. Even lovelier when you can enforce that and get a treat!