Sunday, August 15, 2010

Recovery Weekend

I was so exhausted from the week spent at Disney that all I wanted to do was sleep the weekend away to recover. But then Mike asked if I wanted to go to the outlets to go shopping and I magically found some reserve energy. There was no way I was turning down a shopping opportunity where I didn't have to bring my little monkey into the dressing room with me.

Mike took Grace with him to his stores and the first store I hit was Banana Republic. I was standing in line for a dressing room with women who had a couple things to try on, maybe four items at the very most. I had an armful. Seriously. Like I was trying to replace my entire wardrobe (which I kinda sorta am). I smiled apologetically to the girl who lead me to an open dressing room and explained to her what a rare moment this is for me to leisurely shop without a toddler and actually have the time to try on clothes in a store. She was very sweet and told me to have fun and take all the time I needed.

That was Saturday.

Today we started off with church in the morning, then lunch at Maggiano's, followed by naps for all of us. Grace woke up first and Mike was kind enough to get up with her so I could get a few more minutes of sleep. When I finally got up, Mike asked if I wanted to go to the mall. Silly question! So off we went. He came home empty handed, but I managed to find a couple of things for myself. It's amazing how many things I can find when I'm not distracted with a toddler!

I definitely have plenty of clothes for date nights now. Now we just actually have to find the willpower to leave our baby behind and take some time for the two of us. We can't seem to do it quite yet. Especially Mike, since he's been deprived of her fun company for so long.

Although our recovery weekend was a little busier than I thought it would be, it was still a great cap to our vacation week. I am thrilled with being able to hang out with my two most favorite people.
Found a Mickey ride at the outlets.

Our new favorite restaurant, Maggiano's. We can't wait to take Mike's dad here.

Indulging in some Coldstone ice cream.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Nice to know you had a great time at Disneyworld. Can't wait to try Maggiano's.

Aunt Megan said...

These pictures are just too adorable! I miss Grace.

Nellie said...

i'm so happy for you guys. :)