Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Little Jealousy

I was starting to think Grace didn't have a jealous bone in her body. I was afraid that when Mike got back from deployment, she wouldn't let us be all lovey-dovey in front of her. Thankfully, I was wrong. She actually encourages us to hug ('huck') and kiss (said with a Filipino accent- 'kiiiisss'). It's the funniest thing. She'll even push us together while saying hug and kiss.

But let me hold an adorable little baby and the jealous streak finally came out. We met some friends at the library for story time this morning and I was lucky enough to hold precious Trenton for a while. Grace was okay with it at first. Then after a few minutes, she noticed I was still holding sweet Trenton and she decided she wanted to sit on my lap. So I shifted the baby and made some room for her, but that wasn't good enough. She proceeded to throw a little crying fit right in the middle of story time. I had no choice but to surrender Trenton to his mama before we got kicked out for being too disruptive.

Later in the afternoon, we had a long overdue visit with Nellie and the Baggett boys. I got to hold sweet and cuddly Baby Deacon all afternoon and Grace couldn't have cared less. I think that's only because Grace absolutely adores Nellie (Grace used to also call her 'mama') and by my holding Deacon, she got all of Nellie's attention.

It was interesting to see Grace react to the babies since she's not around them all that much. It gives me a teeny glimpse of what it might be like with a sibling. Usually, she's the 'baby'. And it was nice to get my baby fixes by getting to hold sweet newborns for a while.

All in all, a fantastic day. It would've been perfect if we had been able to see Mike tonight. He has duty. Again. But because there was yet another evening thunderstorm, we couldn't come out to the ship to see him. Again. We do have a hot date night planned for tomorrow night so hopefully that will make up for not seeing him today.

Ty and Grace watching musical story time. They even had two ladies playing the flute today. It held Grace's interest for all of 3 minutes before she was up and trying to dig into my purse for crackers.

Grace, Ty, and Sarah after some lunch at Chick-fil-a. No nasty pushing incident today, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Speaking of being jealous - I'm jealous of those ADORABLE piggy tails Grace sports.

jennyoung said...

What a cute post and I love the pics! Anytime you need another baby fix, let me know! We'll just call it "practice" for little Grace!