Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Epcot


When I was a kid, I didn't care for Epcot much. I just wanted to be over in the Magic Kingdom where all the fun stuff was. I thought that now I'm all grown up, I would appreciate it more. Nope. Still feel the same way. It's gotten a little better in the twentysome years since I've been, but only slightly. We made the most of it though and then headed back to the hotel just before an afternoon thunderstorm.

Mike took Grace to the pool while I enjoyed a little nap. Then it was off to dinner with Chef Mickey. What a treat! The food was just okay, but the entertainment was fantastic. Mickey and his friends made a personal visit to each table. Grace squealed with excitement whenever she spotted one of the characters headed our way. I thought she might be intimidated with seeing the characters up close, but she did great. She even gave Mickey a big hug and a kiss on his nose!

We ended our evening with an unexpected viewing of the fireworks. It was an awesome ending to yet another wonderful day.


Grace got this jinbei, a traditional Japanese outfit, from our friends, the Bachs, when she was just a little baby. She just now fits into it and we thought it would be the perfect outfit for our outing to Epcot's International World Showcase.

Princess Jasmine and Aladdin were so enamored with Grace and how she looked in her outfit that they were the first ones we met who came 'out of character' and exclaimed how cute she was and how they loved her little outfit. Even the people waiting in line gushed over how cute she looked with Jasmine and Aladdin and saidwe should enter her in a contest for cuteness. Okay, so I know Epcot isn't my favorite park, but hearing all these people gush over my girl made it much more bearable.




2 comments:

Lola said...

Glad to hear she is more enjoying at Disney World now than Disney Tokyo. It's the perfect age too to appreciate all these magical places.

Sharen said...

You know what they say about EPCOT...Every Person Comes Out Tired. :) So happy you guys enjoyed Disney.