Friday, August 20, 2010

Dance Party

Because of this girl...

*I burned the pecans I was toasting for Mike's butter pecan birthday cake and had to painstakingly pick out the charred pieces in order to salvage the most important ingredient of the cake.

*I was constantly mopping the floor of milk splatters because now that she's discovered she can leak the milk out of these supposedly 'leak proof' cups, that's all she wants to do.

*I had to refold the laundry countless times because even though she thinks she's helping, sweet girl is actually doing the opposite.

BUT all the extra work I had to do was rewarded with an impromptu Friday night dance party for two. I was running out of things to do before her bedtime and I did not feel like watching Dora, Barney, or Little Bear.

Grace solved my dilemma when she requested some music so she could 'Shake, shake, shake booty'. And she's picky about the songs she'll shake her booty to. If she didn't approve of my DJ skills, she'd stop dancing, say 'No!' and that would be my cue to move on to the next song.

The night would've been perfect if only Mike were home for his birthday. But, alas, the birthday boy had duty and so we'll have to celebrate his special day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE that picture. As always!

Also LOVE dance parties.

AND I LOVE that your sweet husband will be home tomorrow.

The Copons said...

Happy to my favorite son in law. Wish you many more birthdays to come. God bless. MWHOAH!!!!

Lola said...

OPs! MESSED UP THE FIRST BIRTHDAY WISH. TAKE TWO...
Happy bithday to my favorite son in law.