Friday, February 5, 2010

Budget Buster

I love to go online window shopping. I go to my favorite stores, browse the selection and whatever tickles my fancy, no matter how expensive, ends up in the shopping cart. I don't ever purchase the entire cart. In fact, I usually I don't get anything at all. It's just something to do when I have the urge to shop, but it's not in my budget to do so.

I'm going to have to make do with a lot of online window shopping this month because Grace blew through nearly all of our fun money budget for the month. And we haven't even gotten past the first week of February!

I was folding and putting away her clothes this morning while I thought she was watching her favorite animals DVD. When I turned around to check on her, she was lounging on the floor watching TV, but she was also chomping away on the cord of my laptop charger. The very same cord that I've had to wrestle away from her countless times and she knows not to touch because every time she sees it she starts wagging her finger 'no, no, no'.

I tried everything I could to get the cord to work again and even had Uncle Carl take a look at it, but the thing was dead. Apparently, no matter how good Apple products are, they're not made to withstand being a chew toy for a teething toddler.

We took a trip to Best Buy to get a replacement, thinking I could get one for twenty dollars, tops. I walked out of there seething that I had to pay $80 for a charger! Really?!?

I had plans to buy Grace some cute spring outfits before we headed back to Jacksonville, but thanks to her choice in teethers, it's no longer in our budget. How can someone so cute and little be such a budget buster?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I realize that your computer access may be AWOL, but sometimes you can get refurbished items on the Apple website for quite a discount. Your brothers also qualify for a student discount online. It's not much, only 10-15%, but it could be helpful in the future.

Meagan said...

You are right, she is a cute little budget buster!! Kay is still busting our budget. I dropped eight hundred on her new glasses two weeks ago. Ugghhhh.... That was for ONE pair! Kids!