Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One Minute

I turn my back on the girl for one minute and this is what I find.


Today was a cold and dreary day, but I somehow mustered up the energy to leave the house and run to the store. Mainly it was guilt. Mike wrote me last night about how the ship got six pallets worth of mail yesterday and how it really boosted the crew's morale. Being a less than perfect wife, I realized my husband would not be one of the lucky guys getting a package from a loved one. I felt horrible. I've been meaning to send him something, but birthday party planning and snow storms just got in the way.

So Grace and I ran around trying to get stuff together so we could send our sailor a care package. We may have gone a little overboard, but at least we have something to send now. I hope there isn't a size limit on the packages sent to the ship.

2 comments:

Jojo in S'Diego said...

You should send Mike a onesie or something that Grace has worn, so he can "smell" her. Same goes for you.

Julie, the mama said...

Those tissues can make a mess. Can you believe Hendley still does it, too???