Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Productive Day

I woke up this morning to sunny skies. Not a rain cloud in sight. But because I procrastinated on chores yesterday, I forced myself to stay in and tackled my to-do's. I got most of them done. The floors are done, the carpets are vacuumed, the furniture dusted, the bedsheets and duvet cover changed, the kitchen sanitized, the fridge cleaned out, and I'm on my last load of laundry. The bathrooms are the only thing I didn't get to today. I hate cleaning the bathrooms.

All that cleaning and organizing in the morning made me realize I was running low on some household essentials- we're on the last roll of toilet paper in each bathroom- so I had no choice but to make a quick run to the store. Just my luck, it started to pour five minutes before we left the house, but Grace got a brand new raincoat from Lola and I didn't bother doing my hair today so getting wet wasn't going to hurt us any.

When we got home, Grace 'helped' me make a whole wheat pizza and we spent the rest of the night reading books, playing peek-a-boo behind the sofa, and 'I'm gonna get you!' down the hallway. Apparently that sufficiently wore her out because after she changed into her pajamas, she didn't need any convincing from me that it was bedtime. She was out!

Now that the house is quiet at such an early time in the evening, I hardly know what to do with myself. I might pop in one of my workout DVD's that I've been meaning to start again. Or I might just go to bed early tonight too (Probably the more realistic scenario). Being productive can be exhausting.



2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Isn't it such a pain to change a duvet cover by yourself?

Joannemay Estoesta said...

How does Grace like her chair? Julie's been encouraging me to buy one for Jas, so that all 3 munchkins can takes pics in them and we can track their growth from miles away!