Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lost and Found

When I lost my diamond earring on Saturday during the snowstorm, I was upset but still hopeful that once all the snow melted the earring would magically turn up.

This morning as I was getting Grace's breakfast ready, I saw my earring on the dining room table! I was so excited I went and told Josh, who was getting ready for school, that someone found my lost earring. He said he was the one who found it and proceeded to tell me exactly where it was and what he was doing when he found it. I think he might have been fishing for some kind of reward. I gave him a big hug and a kiss instead and then sent him on his way to school.

Ten minutes later my mom called asking if I found the earring on the dining room table where she left it this morning after finding it on the driveway.

You gotta love fourteen year olds.



Much to my dismay, Grace thinks shoving her finger up her nose is hilarious. Probably because we've reinforced it with such strong reactions- I immediately take the finger out and say "Yucky!" and everyone else laughs. Now she's modifying a bit and tries to shove her finger up my nose, especially when she's nursing.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

HILARIOUS story about the diamond. And I'm soooo glad it was found.

Daddy said...

Nice! Do you think she'll pick my nose when I get back?