Sunday, February 14, 2010

Birthday Party Finale

I certainly didn't plan it this way, but Grace has had three birthday parties. The first one was just a simple family dinner at Lolo and Lola's, the second was a snowstorm extravaganza, and the third was a cake and ice cream event on Valentine's Day.

Because many of Grace's little friends were snowed in during her birthday party, I decided to have a small get together just for them on Valentine's Day. Besides, I forgot to put up the pinata during the second party and I had a ton of party favors that needed to be given out. I didn't want all that going to waste.

The little munchkins had a great time grabbing the candy that fell from Hello Kitty, dancing the Hokie Pokie, playing musical chairs, and making Valentines for each other at the arts and crafts table.






At the end of the afternoon when all the guests had gone home and the restaurant was nice and clean again, the uncles, Michelle, and I went to load up the car with all of Grace's gifts. When I came back inside, this was the first thing I saw...


In the 45 seconds I was gone, my girl managed to find Michelle's take home box of lumpia, which was hidden behind her coat, pulled it down off the chair, and tore into them like she hadn't been fed in days. I felt so guilty because right then and there, I realized I hadn't fed my baby since before the cake cutting. And that had been a few hours before. I had been so busy, and the sweet thing never complained that I completely forgot about it.

If I wasn't out of the running for Mother of the Year already, this one definitely did me in. Thank goodness my baby is self-sufficient and managed to find her own food since apparently her mama lets her go hungry.


And last but not least, my sweet Valentine didn't forget about me this year. Even though we're apart, he managed to send me a little special something- a beautiful pendant necklace from Tiffany's. Grace doesn't look too excited in the picture, but she'll one day learn that presents that come in a small, robin's egg blue box wrapped in white satin ribbon are quite spectacular.



I love my baby so much that maybe I squish her a bit too much sometimes. I can't help myself though. She's just so darn sweet!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Gotta love those little blue boxes!!!

All of the pictures are just adorable, and the story about breaking into the food box is hilarious.

Meagan said...

Sooooo......... Kay and I are dying to see a pic of what was in the little blue box! Do tell....

I love all the party pics! Y'all sure know how to throw a party!!