Thursday, February 18, 2010

Almost Florida Bound

I've been in Virginia Beach for four weeks, but no matter how long I am here, my last week is always a hectic time trying to cram in things that I probably should've done sooner. Yesterday and today it was all about Ruby the Volvo. I got her all nice and clean yesterday so she is a beautiful lady once again. For the past 3 weeks she had been covered in grime and dirt from all the snow days. Today she had an appointment to check that pesky little tire monitoring system that always seems to pop up on long drives. Thankfully the system is fine. Changes in temperature, like going from Florida to Virginia, can cause the light to come on. However, they did recommend that the back tires be replaced. Yet another thing to add to the list of to-do's tomorrow.

Grace and I also enjoyed some nice meals out- lunch was with Michelle at Red Robin, and dinner was with the uncles and Jess at Cheesecake Factory. Grace even got her own dinner plate of bread and bananas at Cheesecake, courtesy of our sweet server. And Grace showed her appreciation for the kind gesture by waving at her every time she went by and caressing her apron every time she came over. I was a bit embarrassed about the latter, but she assured me that Grace wasn't the first child to be fascinated with the apron. Nevertheless, I kept trying to teach Grace the 'hands to yourself' rule, but without much success.

But not even her own meal could keep her from getting antsy towards the end. Grace eventually became bored and tried to get anyone at the surrounding booths and tables to pay attention to her. It still amazes me that a shy girl like me could have such a social butterfly of a daughter.





We finished the night off with some gelato at Melt. Oh my goodness! It is my new favorite. I think I may like it even better than Coldstone Creamery.

3 comments:

Aunt Megan said...

I knew you would love Melt! It's just so delicious :)

Lola said...

When I left Japan a year ago, baby Grace cried the whole time and probably said "Lola, come back." Now it's my turn to say "Grace come back soon." I'll miss you walking around the house playing hide and seek and chasing Lucky with that sweet sound of "Uck".

Julie, the mama said...

That top picture is just gorgeous!!! I know you've had a wonderful time at home. Be so careful driving to Jax.