Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowed In

Because there was nothing else to do today, I did a little online shopping. I spent $150 at Old Navy for 5 outfits, a cardigan sweater, 3 pairs of shoes, 2 bathing suits, and a cover up. At Gymboree it was 4 adorable dresses, a cardigan sweater, and matching hair accessories for $160. Luckily I earned some GymBucks so my next purchase there will basically be half off. At Gap, it was $30 for a beautiful smocked pink cherry blossom dress. Nothing for me, all of it for Grace.

This is definitely a down side of having a baby girl- too many cute clothes out there! It's amazing how I'm willing to refrain from buying myself new clothes just so I can buy her some more pretty outfits. I get such pleasure from seeing her well dressed. Besides, I never have enough time to do myself up anyway these days and if someone has to leave the house looking good, it might as well be my child.

Before Mike has a heart attack, I should say I didn't make it to the checkout page at any of these stores- just window shopping. Though if they had the cherry blossom dress in Grace's size, I wouldn't have been able to resist buying that one.

UPDATE:
Okay, I might as well be honest. I wrote this blog early in the afternoon when I thought we weren't going to do anything but be couch potatoes all day long. But by early evening, I got a serious case of cabin fever, and since the snow stopped falling, I changed Grace and myself out of our pajamas and headed to the mall with Uncle Carl.

While we were there, I ended up getting the 2 bathing suits and the cardigan from Old Navy (they were on sale!) and the cherry blossom dress from Baby Gap (they had her size!). For some odd reason, Gymboree was closed, which is probably a good thing because who knows what kind of damage I would've done at that store. Uncle Carl pitched in and got Grace her spring/summer shoes so we wouldn't have to dip into our Chick-fil-a/eating out fund.

I'm seriously hoping our next child will be a boy because they've got to be cheaper to dress. On the other hand, I already have a bunch of cute girl clothes that would get a second life with another girl. But then sisters are so adorable when they're dressed alike so that would mean double the amount of money I spend on Grace's clothes now. I either need to go back to work or we can't have another baby until Mike gets a promotion!

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Girls are so much fun to dress! I can't wait to see pics of Grace in the new outfits. Especially the cherry dress!

Lola said...

I remember those days when we were stationed in Subic, Philippines. I did my marketing and carried some amount of cash (never carry too much that the pick pocketer will be happy). I ended up coming home without any food but clothes for my baby girl (Cicely). I had to go back home to get some more cash for marketing.

Aunt Megan said...

An Augustine girl can NEVER resist shopping ;)

Julie, the mama said...

Awwww...love your mama's post. See, it runs in the family.

I can't find near as many adorable boy clothes, but that doesn't stop me from trying! :-)