Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Down, Six to Go

Grace and I have made it through one month without Mike. It hasn't been easy because I miss him like crazy, but at least I've survived. Being in Virginia Beach with family has helped a lot. All I can say is thank goodness for email. I can't imagine how hard it must've been for Navy wives before email came along.

We were engaged the last time Mike went on a deployment and I not only emailed him every day, but I wrote him letters on pretty stationery every single night, without fail. I'm glad I did that for him then so he could experience it because there's no way I have time for sweet letter writing now that we're married and have a baby.

I do my best to update Mike every night on the details of his girls' day so he doesn't feel like he's missing out too much on Grace's growing up. My emails are usually really, really long. Every once in a while, I like to write sweet nothings to keep the romance alive. Then he told me that he's so busy during the day that he'll print out my daily updates and read them in the one place where he can have some peace for a few minutes- the toilet. After I found out that little tidbit, I find it hard to write romantic sentiments knowing they're probably being read in the most unromantic place imaginable.

The countdown to Mike's homecoming continues. One month down, six more to go.


Helping Lola make breakfast.

Holding onto her Hello Kitty doll that Aunt Megan gave her while watching a DVD on animals of the world that Uncle Josh gave her.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

I love, love, love, her pig tails!!! You know Kay was three before she had enough hair for that. She is just precious!

The first and the last month of deployment are the worst. I'm glad you are staying busy.

Julie, the mama said...

ok, I'm loving the pig tails, too. And praying against envy every time I see them. Soooo adorable.

One month down is AWESOME. Hopefully that will be the longest month of this whole thing.

Mike looks great in the picture, and the story about him reading the letters on the potty (can you believe I just wrote potty w/o even thinking about it???) made me laugh out loud. Boys are so silly!

Aunt Megan said...

I'm glad she likes the doll! There were so many cute ones I didn't know which one to pick! See you tomorrow :)

Beth said...

Leave it to a guy, lol...