Monday, May 30, 2011

S'mores

Since Mike was working today, plan was to head to the outlet mall with Grace and have a girls' day of shopping till we dropped.

Instead, we spent a good part of the day trying to perfect a recipe for S'mores cupcakes.

Our first batch seemed promising, but five minutes after I pulled them out of the oven, they turned into a deflated gooey mess. So I messed around with the second batch to see if I could do better. They looked good, but I still needed to work on the taste of the cupcake. At that point though, I was out of ingredients for another batch so Grace and I called it a day and used the leftover chocolate ganache as a dipping sauce for our strawberries and marshmallows.

I desperately need to get myself back to the gym.



Thankfully, my little taste tester is very forgiving. As long as it's covered in chocolate and toasted marshmallows, everything is all good.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

look at you, martha! sheesh! those look delicious and now i'm craving a cuppy cake! what a lucky husband and daughter you have. :) miss you guys...all the way up here in new jersey...

Michael said...

All of these pictures are fantastic. Grace is just too cute!

Meagan said...

I LOVE me some baking! Cute pictures.

Julie, the mama said...

Good grief, girl! They sure look delicious.