Thursday, May 26, 2011

Daddy Daughter Date Night

Our being housebound the past few days has wreaked havoc on the state of our house. It's a complete wreck! Toys are everywhere. There are blankets strewn all over from Grace's picnics and crumbs all over the floor from her snacks. On good days, I can usually keep up with it all, but when we are stuck at home with no entertainment other than each other and our imaginations, the mess overtaketh. I don't know why, it just does.

But knowing we all had dates tonight- a movie night for me and a friend and a trip to Chuck E. Cheese for daddy and daughter- I did my best to contain the chaos. It's still not perfect, but I won't die of embarrassment if someone decides to drop by last minute.

It was wonderful to get out for the night and enjoy a fun movie with a good friend, Liezel. Daddy and daughter date night was a success, too. I was told Grace stood up very well to a little boy who didn't understand the concept of 'wait your turn'. It's a good thing she's so assertive because her daddy was on the verge of yelling at the boy for trying to mess with his baby girl. Mike doesn't understand the concept of 'he's only 4 years old'.

0 comments: