Friday, May 27, 2011

From the Mouth of Babes

I am absolutely loving this phase of toddlerhood Grace is in. She is such a little person that I can actually have conversations with now. It's so much fun, and the things that come out of her mouth have me cracking up constantly. Here are a few snippets from recent days...

Me: Do you want some milk?
Grace: Just coffee, please.

(I've been going through a coffee phase lately and it looks like my baby has noticed.)


Me:
Eat the raspberries! They're really good!
Grace: Then you eat them, Mama. They're really good!

(My method of convincing gone wrong. Especially since I hate raspberries and I was forced to eat them because I just told my child they were good.)


Grace:
Hey, Babe! Can you come here in here/sit with me/etc.
Me: Why are you saying "Hey Babe"?
Grace: Because it means you want to have fun.

(Mike and I call for each other by saying, "Hey, Babe!" Usually it's because one of us, almost always me, needs something checked off the honey-do list. So it's a good thing Grace thinks 'Hey, Babe!' means you're going to do something fun because her daddy probably cringes when he hears that from me since it means more work for him.)

Grace: (standing up on her high chair and wanting to get down) Mama, I need some help!
Me: You better be careful! You might fall down and hurt yourself.
Grace: That's why I need some help!

(Duh!)

Grace: Hey, Babe, I like your butt.
Me: What?!? Where did you hear that?
Grace: Daddy....

(Nice job, Daddy. You now have our daughter complimenting my backside.)



Grace:
(Bringing all kinds of her pretend food and holding it up to my belly)
Me: What are you doing?
Grace: I'm feeding the baby in your belly. (No, I'm not pregnant!)

(When your belly has gotten so paunchy that your child thinks you're pregnant, it's time to hit the gym. Hard. Hey, at least she likes my butt!)

2 comments:

Meagan said...

I love the crazy cute things toddlers say! Just darling.

Michael said...

Daddy has SUCH a way with words!