Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dinner on the Beach

The first part of our day was boring. I spent most of it doing loads of laundry and looking for healthy recipes while Grace had picnics and tea parties and made a mess of the house.

The middle part of our day involved an incident that had Grace sending herself immediately to time-out while calling out apologies and telling me she loved me, and me breathing deeply and counting to ten so I wouldn't scream at her like a crazy woman.

My favorite part of the day was towards the end, our picnic dinner on the beach. I packed a picnic basket with wraps, sandwiches, chips, and fruit, and the moment Mike came home from work, we hurried to the beach before the sun went down to enjoy our meal by the sea.

And lately, we can't seem to go to the beach without following it up with a trip for a sweet treat. Tonight it was to Rita's for some Italian ice.

When you end the day as wonderfully as that, it's hard to remember anything negative about the day.



1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

All these pictures make me want orders to Jax. BAD.