Saturday, May 14, 2011

It Happens to Every Girl

At one point or another, it happens to every girl- the bad haircut. You know, when you very specifically tell the hairstylist what you want done and how much you want cut off and then you end up leaving the chair holding back tears.

It happened to my poor baby today. Except she walked away completely oblivious to the hack job that was just done on her hair and her mama was the one trying to keep it all together.

I told the stylist I just wanted Grace's hair trimmed to her shoulders. I even made sure to physically point out how long I wanted the hair to be. Then the stylist went to work.

When she was done and asked me what I thought, I completely lied and said it was fine. What else could I do? What's done is done, and it'll grow back eventually. But I also didn't want her trying to 'fix' anything. I quickly grabbed my baby off the chair while she still had some hair on her head.


When we got home, I tried my best to even out the damage. I have never cut hair in my life. (Except when I tried to cut my own bangs when I was six years old. The Christmas pictures from that experience are pretty hilarious.) After today's experience, I may just save myself the money next time and trim her hair myself.

The rest of the day went much better. We went to Mike's work picnic and then left just in time before a huge thunderstorm rolled in. We spent the afternoon napping and and just lounging about, waiting for the rain to go away. When the skies cleared up, we headed out for a quick walk on the beach and then finished off our night with a trip to Bruster's for some ice cream.




2 comments:

Meagan said...

It does happen to every girl. Good news is she looks cute with short hair! :)

Julie, the mama said...

I do think she looks mighty cute with that length hair, but that girl would look cute no matter what.

Love all the pictures from this post!