Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sweet Treat

I don't know what it is about warm weather, but I always feel like we should end the day with something sweet. I wish strawberries or watermelon, which are both super sweet right now, not to mention low calorie, could satisfy my craving. But nope, it's gotta be something completely fattening like Edy's ice cream in a sugar cone.

Grace and I have spent our days just hanging out at home reading all of her books, playing with every single one of her toys, and watching all kinds of movies. Partly it's because the girl still has a slight cough. Mostly it's because I left my wallet in Mike's car and had no way of getting it until he got home from work last night. It's a good thing our day of shopping I had planned on Monday was sidetracked because that would have been pretty embarrassing to show up at the register and not have a way to pay for the stuff.

We did manage to make a quick trip to the beach this afternoon after a long nap. I wouldn't let Grace in the water, but we still managed to have fun chasing each other up and down the beach and trying to build sand castles. Emphasis on trying because she kept knocking them down before I even had a chance to fully remove the bucket from the mold. Grace is as sweet as sugar, but man, the girl sure does love destruction!

She is very much into throwing tea parties lately and I've been trying to teach her how to hold the tea cup daintily with her pinky up. She has a hard time doing it while drinking tea, but give her a sugar cone filled with ice cream and she's got it down pat.

She loves going to home improvement stores so she can pretend to drive the lawn mowers.

Burying her daddy with toys- done while twirling her hair.

0 comments: