Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Resorting to Bribery

It is getting pretty hard to get Grace to look at the camera or smile on cue. Getting her to do both at the same time is darn near impossible. So I'm starting to resort to a little bit of bribery.

Please don't judge. If I don't coax her with an M&M or two, the poor grandparents might never see a smiling picture of their baby girl. Don't get me wrong, the girl smiles. Quite a lot, actually. I just can't seem to act fast enough to candidly capture it on camera.

Even with bribery, I get mixed results. Sometimes it comes out as sweet as can be, and other times, you can tell she is just humoring me so she can hurry up and eat her candy.




We have been laying low the past couple of days because Grace woke up yesterday morning with a cough. I pray it doesn't get any worse and clears up as quickly as possible. We're both starting to go stir crazy. She's dying to go to the pool. And I'm dying to get back to the gym.

(Just for the record, that last sentence makes me laugh because never did I think I would be craving gym time. Pre-baby, it used to be a chore for me- just a way for me to eat my dessert and still be able to squeeze into my clothes. Post-baby, it's my one hour of guaranteed 'ME' time. Because even my bathroom time is no longer sacred- my little shadow follows me everywhere!)

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Hey, whatever works to get them to smile, right?!

I so agree about the gym. I crave it when I have to miss a few days. It just so happens that I also crave fattening food all the time so that makes the gym a necessity for this mama!

Meagan said...

We all resort to bribery at some point. :-)

Nellie said...

not that i haven't doled out an M&M (or a whole package, or thin mints) or two...

when my kids hit the weird or no smile stage i say "whatever you do, please DO NOT look at the camera and laugh. DO NOT LAUGH." they giggle most of the time.

she's such a cutie! the weird smirks always make me laugh.