Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Naptime Wake Up

This is Grace right after she woke up from her nap. She usually either looks like this, still half asleep and very clingy, or she walks out of her room cheerily announcing that she had a nice nap.

While the second way definitely has it's charm, I actually prefer the first.

When she wakes up like this, she calls for me and immediately wants to be held. When I pick her up, she wraps her arms around me, buries her face in my neck, and is willing to stay there and be cuddled for a long, long time.

It's a moment that reminds me of when she was a sweet infant. And in her super independent toddler phase filled with lots of "I do it!" and the refusal of kisses coming more and more often because she has other more important and interesting things to do, it's a very welcome moment.

3 comments:

Nellie said...

mom, you are SO going down for these photos in the teenage years. :) adorable, bed head and all!!!

Julie, the mama said...

I knew exactly what that look meant the second I saw the picture. I love those moments with Hendley, too.

Meagan said...

Awwww..... I miss those moments! I swear I cry half the time I read your blog. Or Julie's. I miss having a baby around.