Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Terrific Two

My baby is two years old. I'm slowly coming to terms with it, but I could cry to think of how quickly it's all going by. I really make a conscious effort to try and cherish every moment- the good ones, the bad ones, and all the ones in between- because I know it passes by so fast. I wish I could beg time to slow down, even just a tiny bit, so I can enjoy these magical moments of my baby's childhood for as long as I possibly can.


At two years old, Grace is...

*amazingly independent and knows her own mind. This gives me and her Daddy equal parts pride and exasperation.

*determined. If there is something she wants, she will stop at nothing to get it. Including telling her Mama or Daddy to "go away" so she can get into whatever it is that's forbidden.

*smart. She knows her ABC's, can count to ten in English, five in Spanish, recognizes basic colors, and has memorized her favorite books.

*a talker. It amazes me that I can hold a real conversation with her at two years old. Because she's so petite, people are surprised when they hear her talking so clearly.

*silly.
She likes to play pretend and her favorite of the moment is to imagine she's a puppy, a rambunctious one who likes to lick your face.

*sweet.
Her Daddy and I get countless hugs, kisses, and I love you's every single day. She loves to cuddle and loves to be carried around.

*a little bookworm. Sometimes I will find her sitting on the floor in her room quietly looking through her books.

*a little mama.
She adores her dolls and does a fantastic job of taking care of them, reading to them, and putting them to sleep.

*an expert mess maker.
But she knows the clean up song and will participate in a clean up session when I ask her.

*a picky eater.
This makes mealtimes stressful for me, but I have learned to relax a little since the child IS growing and hitting all her milestones. She does love fruits and vegetables. I guess I should be thankful she enjoys the healthy stuff.

*the love of our lives.
Mike and I are so incredibly blessed to have such a beautiful daughter. As much as we enjoyed our lives when it was just the two of us, we keep asking ourselves, "What in the world did we do back then?" Life seemed incredibly boring compared to the daily adventures of parenthood we have now.


Dreams do come true! She is the proud mama of an Itty Bitty baby doll from American Girl.


Watch out, people! Grace has her own set of pink wheels, complete with a bell!

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!! LOVE that outfit, too cute!

Such a sweet post.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that tricycle!

Laura

Beth said...

We ask ourselves that same thing, what in the world did we do before little ones came along?!

Can she ride the bike by herself?!