Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lotsa Frosting

When I was dressing Grace for the day, she told me, "I like this dress, Mama. It's got lotsa frosting!" I guess all the frills do kinda look like frosting on a cupcake. That got me so tickled. And craving cupcakes.

I headed back to that consignment sale this morning because it was half off day. I found a few more dresses that I must have somehow missed my first go through. This was only my second consignment sale and I must say I'm addicted now. Grace's entire spring/summer wardrobe cost less than $80. Not bad, I say. And there's enough frosting to please my girly-girl.

Speaking of girly-girl- I washed and then hung up the dresses in her closet this afternoon. Grace dragged her stool over to the closet, ran her fingers through all her new clothes and said, "Look at all my beautiful dresses!" She stood there for a long time admiring her clothes. I love that she has an appreciation for such girly things, but watch out, Daddy, because I have a feeling we won't get by with consignment finds once she reaches adolescence.



We were waiting in a long line at the Chick-fil-a drive through when I heard fits of giggles coming from the back. She had taken off her socks and shoes and was sniffing her feet, cracking herself up and saying, "That's so stinky!" So much for being a girly-girl.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Hahahah...That girl of yours keeps me laughing.

Meagan said...

HAHA! Stinky feet, that's hilarious!

I am so jealous of these consignment sales you and Julie talk about. I've never been to one, I think I missed out on some serious deals.