Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentime's Day

Nope, the title is not a typo. I just wanted to document how Grace says it now. So sweet.

I wish I could say I was one of those mothers who makes pink, heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and has crafty, creative, and fun ideas planned for my child on this day of love. I really aspire to be that kind of mom.

Instead, my child ate her usual- scrambled eggs and mini pancakes (no fancy shapes or colors). I did give her a few Valentine's Day M&M's for her dessert.

Then instead of some super unique crafting project, I busted out her box of crayons and let her color in her Hello Kitty coloring book. I did make sure we colored a page that had hearts on it.

Finally, instead of coming up with an activity that would reinforce how wonderful I think she is and how much I adore her, I made her walk to the playground and back (no stroller) so that she'd be exhausted and ready for nap time. I did, however, make sure she was all dressed in red, white, and pink in honor of Valentine's Day.

Maybe next year, I will become THAT kind of mom- a strong contender for Mother of the Year- but for now, it is what it is. I DO think my baby is wonderful and I adore her more than she'll ever know, and hopefully, that is enough for now.


Mike and I did sneak away for a bit to go out on a romantic dinner for two. In the seven years we've been together, this was only our second Valentine's Day together. For all the other ones, he was with his other love, the U.S. Navy. Our meal was divine and I gave him a present that I know he's been wanting for a long, long time. He loved it so much he said I never have to give him another gift for the rest of our lives!

5 comments:

Michael said...

I can think of only one gift you could give that would make Michael say you never have to buy him another gift for the rest of your life. A CORVETTE!!!

Meagan said...

What a fun day! Grace looks so cute!

So inquiring minds want to know..... what did you get your sweetie?

Beth said...

I agree - what did you get him?!?!!?

Julie, the mama said...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????? Unfair. Do tell.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Augustine Family! Girl, puh-lease, you set your own standards of Motherhood... a mighty divine one! Go Girl!