Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Fishy Dress and Big Girl Panties

I wasn't going to put Grace in any of her new outfits until it was officially spring, but she dragged her stool to the closet, found her fishy dress, and asked if she could wear it. I just couldn't say no to that face. And quite honestly, I was just as excited to get her into the dress, too.

I woke up this morning amazingly well rested because Grace didn't have a single coughing fit last night. I'm so glad she's getting better because taking care of a sick baby makes me nervous, especially when I don't have my husband around for back up.

The sugar overload therapy must have worked it's magic because the icky feeling I was starting to get yesterday is gone. I celebrated by reorganizing Grace's closet. And then hurt my back when I tried to lift fifty pound plastic containers to the top of her closet shelf.

I realized halfway into my lift that I might have bitten off more than I could chew, but I figured, I was already halfway there so I might as well finish the job. Two Motrins later and I'm feeling much better. I'm going to end the evening with some more sugar therapy, just in case.

A quick potty training update: It's been slow going, mostly because I've been pretty lackadaisical about it, but there IS some slight progress. Before, she would tell me she needed to go to the potty after she had already gone in her diaper. So I bought her some 'big girl panties' to encourage her to tell me beforehand. Now she's telling me she needs to go to the potty AS she is going. Like I said, slight progress. We made a quick trip to Walmart this afternoon to buy her more undies because she is going through them too quickly for my laundry loads to keep up.


A little peek at her quiet play. This picture is my reminder that she isn't always making a mess or getting into things that require constant clean up on my part. Although it sure does seem like that sometimes.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE that dress! And those pictures are just adorable.

Meagan said...

What a cute dress!! And that bow, precious! Really super duper cute pics today.