Monday, January 31, 2011

A Stomach Bug is No Excuse

But that's the reason why the blog has been on a week long hiatus. I didn't even have the energy to take any pictures, which is completely scandalous, I know. I hadn't felt that bad since my first trimester with Grace.

Thankfully Mike no longer has a grueling work schedule since the ship passed its inspection with flying colors. He took great care of me when he got home in the evening and Grace nursed me with such tender concern during the day. Whenever she'd hear me getting sick in the bathroom, she'd come running saying, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Mama are you okay?" Then she'd pat my back and reassure me that she would get me some medicine to make me feel all better.

The good news is all my holiday weight that I had put on is now gone. Nothing like a stomach bug to lose a few unwanted pounds. The bad news is I'm feeling so much better and taking advantage of the fact I can eat again that it's only a matter of time before they creep back on.

Seriously though, I'm back to blogging, much to Lola's relief. I promise a post with pictures next time.

6 comments:

Lori said...

So glad that you are feeling better! Sarah keeps asking when we are going to Florida to play with her cousins :-)

Michael said...

We were getting very worried about you. We are glad you are feeling better.

Lola said...

Thank God. Glad you are feeling better darling.

Meagan said...

Thank GOODNESS! We've missed you in blogland. I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better!!

Julie, the mama said...

Bless your precious heart. (Is it bad that I got tickled about, "oh my gosh...oh my gosh....")?

Aunt Megan said...

Glad you're feeling better! The stomach virus has been going around here too.