Sunday, February 20, 2011

Her Sweet Heart's Desire

Our day started off great. We made it to church on time and Grace was exceptionally well behaved. Instead of acting like a little monkey trying to climb all over the pew, she was content to sit on my lap. And other than loudly singing Barney's "I Love You" song during the blessing of the bread and wine, she was pretty quiet. We even had a successful trip to Old Navy and Costco (no whining, crying, or trying to escape the shopping cart).

Maybe her extremely good behavior should have been a clue that something was off.

My girl is now running a temperature of 103. After an afternoon of fun, running around the house playing, she crawled into my lap at 6:30 and promptly fell asleep. I've been holding her and catering to her since.

Which is why it's 10:30 and she's still up watching 'Finding Nemo'. While I hand feed her a popsicle (and type with the other hand). And as soon as I'm done with this post, I'm off to make her some pasta because she just asked for it.

If Grace has to be sick, then I'm going to do everything I can to fulfill her sweet heart's every desire to make her comfortable and happy.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

You are such a good mom! Sorry that Grace is sick, I hope it's short lived and she is feeling much better in the morning.

Lola and Lolo said...

Oh no! my baby is sick. Watch for ear infection. symptom is always high temperature. lots of fluid. I pray that she feels better soon. Love you.

Grandma said...

Sorry to hear Grace is sick, hope she feels better! We don't want her to be. We love and miss you.

Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Megan