Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Friendly Girl and a Game of Run

Grace was a regular Miss Congeniality today as we ran around town running errands. She waved and said hi to everyone from the cashier at Target to the guy taking our order at Chick-fil-a to the mail clerk at the post office. At one point, she even yelled out, "Hi there, little girl!" to a child we were passing by as we entered Publix. My child is normally pretty friendly, but this was over-the-top, even for her.

It was nice to see her in such a friendly mood on such a dreary day. The sun stayed away all day long, so she didn't get a chance to go out and ride her bike.

Hence this confession. In order to tire her out enough so she would go to bed early, we played a game of run. This involves my throwing the ball down the hallway and then her running after it and bringing it back to me. Basically, I played fetch with my child.

Say what you want, but it worked.


2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Ha! I used to play fetch with Boss all the time, too. Oh the things we will try to wear these kiddos out.

Meagan said...

HAHAHA! I totally played fetch with Krista.

I cannot get over Grace's hair, it's just beautiful!