Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When He's Gone, I Eat Cereal

It's a good thing Mike is coming home soon. I eat horribly when he's gone and I know I don't have to cook. I whip something up for Grace and then rummage around for something easy for me. Tonight it was two bowls of cereal. The first one was Cranberry Almond Crunch with skim milk. The second one was dessert- Cinnamon Toast Crunch with whole milk.

It's also a good thing Mike is coming home because I'm starting to feel a bit 'off'. It may just be from lack of sleep, but it could also be because I can't resist all the kisses my girl gives me and I have now gotten whatever she has.

I'm hoping that if I eat a bunch of sweets (I found a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups minis at the grocery store today that I'm going to break into in a minute), I can kill the germs with sugar overload. It's worth a try anyway.

Grace must have enjoyed the on-the-fly dinner I served her tonight because the girl asked for seconds. That almost never happens!

"Can I have some more broccoli, please?" Yes, this girl loves her some broccoli.

The sun went hiding today and it was a little too chilly for a coughing Grace to play outside, so I brought the fun indoors. If I knew how much she would enjoy this slide, I would have bought it a long time ago. The bonus? It even matches my decor.

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I had cereal tonight too!

I like your theory about killing germs with sugar.

Meagan said...

Killing germs with sugar, now I'll have to give that a try next time I'm feeling sick!

Lola said...

On my day offs, cereal is my lunch. Killing germs with sugar, that's something new, ha ha ha.

So glad to hear Grace is feeling better, love you mhwoah!!!!

Uncle Josh said...

Grace loves her broccoli just like her awesome Uncle Josh!!! Yeah!!